We welcome you all back from the holidays and hope that you all had a great time with your families inshallah!!
- We are in the process of scheduling a time every month for a group of the preschoolers to have a computer lab time inshallah.
- Winter – circle time and other activities around the room will be relevant to this theme to help enhance the children to learn about winter. Various books about snow, sensory play with snow, art activities, and many other learning opportunities will be implemented in the environment. Children will learn that winter is a cold season, white snow, the different things we have to wear in order to stay warm, and etc.
- Winter Animals – this theme will be implemented in the environment to help the children to understand about the different animals that are considered winter animals. Children might learn about the different characteristics that these animals have so that they are able to live in such cold weather, and what they look like (polar bear has thick fur to stay warm). They might also learn about the different things they do or eat.
Islamic learning – at circle time we will recite surat Al-Fatiha and surat Al-Falak each time and the Duaa before sleeping.
- Each child needs to have a bed sheet and a blanket or 2 blankets (to put one underneath them) for their cot at the childcare. Please provide either if your child does not have both. Any pillow must have a pillowcase please!
- Parents need to bring and return washed bedding the following Monday when given from the past Friday.
Snow is here!! Your child must have:
- Winter jacket
- Snow pants
- Heavy mittens/gloves that are warm enough
- Warm hat
- Possibly a scarf
Jazaka Allah Khairan,
The preschool staff